DOHA, 5th AUGUST 2018
Paris Saint-Germain, one of Europe’s leading football clubs, is celebrating the opening of its 79-square-metre in-shop retail space in collaboration with Almana group at the Mall of Qatar, Doha.
The new space forms an integral part of the club’s local expansion plans and is its third official retail space in the Qatari Capital, reinforcing the presence of the Paris Saint-Germain brand in the city alongside other club stores in the Villagio Mall and at Hamad International Airport.
The official inauguration of the new space took place yesterday afternoon and was attended by more than one hundred guests, the club also organised a public viewing via big screens on the Ooredoo Stage in the Mall of Qatar.
Fabien Dilem, Head of Paris Saint-Germain’s MEA/India office declared: “We are delighted to have opened our third retail space in the Qatari Capital of Doha, further increasing the presence of the Paris Saint-Germain brand in the city. This is another key step forward in the club’s ambitious international development plans. The opening of this new retail space in the Mall of Qatar signifies the ever-increasing international influence of the club and its increasingly international fanbase.”
About Paris Saint-Germain
Paris Saint-Germain football club was created in 1970. Since QSI’s purchase of the club in 2011, Paris Saint-Germain has transformed itself to become one of the top football clubs and global sports brands in the world. It has reconnected with Paris, which is at the heart of the organization, under the philosophy of one unique city, one unique club. And it is just the beginning. A new training and development center will soon open its doors.
- The Club includes men’s football, women’s football, handball, judo and esports sections
- The Club has won 19 trophies in only seven years, 37 in its history. Paris Saint-Germain is the club with the most titles in France.
- The Club has attracted many great players including Ronaldinho, Beckham, Ibrahimovic, and currently Neymar, Mbappé, Cavani, Thiago Silva, etc.
- Since 2011, the Parc des Princes, the Club’s historic home, has undergone a transformation with an investment of over € 80 Million. It is now a state of the art stadium with 5,000 VIP seats and 900 dedicated to families and children.
- Paris Saint-Germain plays its home matches in front of sell-out crowds. The revenue generated by ticket sales and hospitality has quadrupled in seven years.
- Off the pitch, Paris Saint-Germain is one of the fastest growing football clubs in the world, reaching over $1 billion in 2016/2017 (according to Brand Finance).
- Club revenue has increased fivefold over the period, growing from €80 million to over €500 million, whilst sponsorship revenue increased tenfold between 2011 and 2018. The Club has top tier sponsorship deals from some of the world’s leading brands.
- The Club’s international popularity never stops growing. The fanbase is growing exponentially–it is now the one of the most followed club in the world, expanding from zero to a community over 60 million in under seven years.
- The Paris Saint-Germain Academy continues to thrive with over 12,000 children per season across 12 countries, with over 60 sites, 35 cities and 150 camps.
- Giving back to the community is fundamental to the Club who has set up a Foundation dedicated to exactly that. To this end, among numerous projects, the Red & Blue School project allows the club to serve underprivileged youths.